Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Important Vote (Read before Voting)

Go down 
4 posters

Choose An Option
Next Day Rule
Important Vote (Read before Voting) Poll_left85%Important Vote (Read before Voting) Poll_right
 85% [ 11 ]
Full Time WW
Important Vote (Read before Voting) Poll_left15%Important Vote (Read before Voting) Poll_right
 15% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

Important Vote (Read before Voting) Empty
PostSubject: Important Vote (Read before Voting)   Important Vote (Read before Voting) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 3:06 am

You have 2 options here, in regards to free agents that have just played their first game, and free agency itself.

1. Next day rule. This was suggested by Jeff. If a player (who is unowned) is promoted to the majors, and plays a game, he is available to be picked up at (either 9 pm est or 10 pm est, haven't decided yet) the following night. So if he played on 6/12/2012, he'd be available to be picked up at 9 or 10 pm est on 6/13/2012. We will use a universal clock to check timing (so don't use the one next to your bed), and CBS time stamp as well. If you pick him up before the time, he will be dropped from your roster.

2. Full Time WW. Everyone (not just new guys, EVERYONE) is on the WW. Everyone! All WW would be processed nightly, so if a guy is playing in a game, you can put in your claim, and after that night, the WW will be processed, and if you have the highest WW priority claiming this player, you will get him that morning. Every free agent will be on the WW, so any add you make will require you to use your WW. However, since it's processed nightly, you can still make moves for tomorrow's lineup. So if you want to pick someone up say while you are watching the game, for tomorrow, it still works.

Majority wins.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Important Vote (Read before Voting)   Important Vote (Read before Voting) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 8:47 am

This is stupid. Why can't the few players that aren't already in someone's Mi be put on waivers and leave the rest alone? How many are there?

I will be abstaining from the vote because this IS a rule change. The one I thought I was voting on was not, as it was just a clarification on what to do with new players.

You make it sound like there are new players that aren't previously owned coming up daily. If we have 10 the whole season, I'd be shocked. And if we had 3 that anyone cared about (other than to immediately put on trade block Laughing ), I'd be only slightly less shocked.

If you want, I'd be willing to add and drop those players to create the WW situation (in fact, anyone could do it as soon as they notice it's happening. It wouldn't even fall to the commishes).

This is so stupidly simple that it's silly these are the choices. The 22 hour rule actually makes the commishes' (And thus the league's) lives more difficult.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Important Vote (Read before Voting)   Important Vote (Read before Voting) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 1:54 pm

How about the Commissioners just pick up that player when they get promoted and then drop them so they are on WW and keep the rest the same?
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

Number of posts : 1374
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Important Vote (Read before Voting)   Important Vote (Read before Voting) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 5:57 pm

option 2 is horrible ....it should lose on that alone

i voted option 1 since i assume it solves a problem
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

PostSubject: Re: Important Vote (Read before Voting)   Important Vote (Read before Voting) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 11:52 am

Gonzo wrote:

Option 2 shouldn't exist. The original vote had nothing to do with general players. The only point of contention is new players that aren't already on a Mi roster. This is like the gov't. We put all sorts of riders into the bill to ensure it's failure (or success).

We shouldn't even be voting on this. It should be about just players playing their first games period
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Important Vote (Read before Voting)   Important Vote (Read before Voting) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 1:43 pm

jamcam13 wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

Option 2 shouldn't exist. The original vote had nothing to do with general players. The only point of contention is new players that aren't already on a Mi roster. This is like the gov't. We put all sorts of riders into the bill to ensure it's failure (or success).

We shouldn't even be voting on this. It should be about just players playing their first games period

Well I see the point brought up by the commishes, that placing JUST the players playing in their first games on waivers isn't possible in CBS's format. I think hopefully the Next Day rule brought up by Jeff gets voted into place and we continue the discussion and hopefully come up with a remedy that can be voted in next year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Important Vote (Read before Voting)   Important Vote (Read before Voting) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 7:20 pm

jamcam13 wrote:
This is stupid. Why can't the few players that aren't already in someone's Mi be put on waivers and leave the rest alone? How many are there?

I will be abstaining from the vote because this IS a rule change. The one I thought I was voting on was not, as it was just a clarification on what to do with new players.

You make it sound like there are new players that aren't previously owned coming up daily. If we have 10 the whole season, I'd be shocked. And if we had 3 that anyone cared about (other than to immediately put on trade block Laughing ), I'd be only slightly less shocked.

If you want, I'd be willing to add and drop those players to create the WW situation (in fact, anyone could do it as soon as they notice it's happening. It wouldn't even fall to the commishes).

This is so stupidly simple that it's silly these are the choices. The 22 hour rule actually makes the commishes' (And thus the league's) lives more difficult.

The problem is, there are new players that are unowned coming up on a regular basis. Most of them aren't worth anything. I'll guarantee you there is more than 10 new players that are unowned, who came up already in the majors, let alone this season.

You just can't sit there and add every single one of them. It's not fair to anyone. And if the WW issue is the case, when do they get off the WW period? 3 games? 5? forever? And what defines the timing they would be available. I also keep saying, that allowing the commishes to make the WW add creates an extra advantage for ME! I can see exactly who you want and decide if I want to get that guy or not, knowing that if I don't put in a claim, he will be gone. That's creating a conflict of interest for me or Stephen.

The 22 hour rule makes our lives easier, because it's easy to see if someone played a game, and then check the time stamp. Everyone knows when the player is available, easy to check, and no conflict of interest.

Look, if you don't want to vote, don't vote, it's not like I can force you to vote. But every single idea mentioned here besides these two has major flaws. If you don't like all time WW, don't vote for it. But manually adding players and then dropping them causes problems. We tried to come up with every possibility there is, and kept running into problems, which was why the rule was delayed in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Knuckleball
Commissioner
Knuckleball

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Important Vote (Read before Voting)   Important Vote (Read before Voting) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 7:52 pm

The King Maker wrote:
The problem is, there are new players that are unowned coming up on a regular basis. Most of them aren't worth anything. I'll guarantee you there is more than 10 new players that are unowned, who came up already in the majors, let alone this season.

You just can't sit there and add every single one of them. It's not fair to anyone. And if the WW issue is the case, when do they get off the WW period? 3 games? 5? forever? And what defines the timing they would be available. I also keep saying, that allowing the commishes to make the WW add creates an extra advantage for ME! I can see exactly who you want and decide if I want to get that guy or not, knowing that if I don't put in a claim, he will be gone. That's creating a conflict of interest for me or Stephen.

The 22 hour rule makes our lives easier, because it's easy to see if someone played a game, and then check the time stamp. Everyone knows when the player is available, easy to check, and no conflict of interest.

I concur with Al. While I could probably spend the time each night doing the few add drops, I don't necessarily want to whether it be I am lazy or out. I looked over the mlb transaction log this season and there are on average a half dozen to a dozen moves made per day. While this probably isn't a lot, it becomes a tedious act to do each day.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

PostSubject: Re: Important Vote (Read before Voting)   Important Vote (Read before Voting) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 9:24 am

But, if we don't pick them up in a couple days they are FA anyway. So, in fact, we can almost do this as players are picked up. Yes, we will have to police each other, but so what? Again, if someone doesn't get picked up for a few days, there's no adjustment to be made - they are FA.

So, no, there are not many players you would need to do this with. I volunteer to be the pick up drop person.

Why do we look for reasons not to do something? Yes, we should consider the operational aspects. But, if there's a rule that makes sense, we'll find a way.

And, again, with the number of Mi owned, there are not that many.

There's really no need to vote b/c this needs 75% to pass. It is an in season rule change (As opposed to the simple application to new players only which is in fact a new rule that never got properly determined in the off season).
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner
Gonzo

Number of posts : 1374
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Important Vote (Read before Voting)   Important Vote (Read before Voting) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 5:44 pm

so this problem was big enough in the league to cause a shitstorm for like a month but we have 6 votes?

fuckin joke
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Important Vote (Read before Voting)   Important Vote (Read before Voting) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 6:23 pm

i know, the last pole had 14 votes.. wheres the other 8 voters? c'mon guys..lets put this thing to bed already
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Important Vote (Read before Voting)   Important Vote (Read before Voting) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Important Vote (Read before Voting)
Page 1 of 1