Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MiLB Draft

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

MiLB Draft Empty
PostSubject: MiLB Draft   MiLB Draft Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 12:34 am

Instead of limiting the amount of players drafted I would like to propose from the other dynasty league (TBD rules) I'm in the ability to drop as many Milb players as you may like which could then be replaced via the draft. Here's the actual write up for it so it makes more sense...

Quote :
From 2010 onwards, the MILB draft will consist of a "draft until your keeper spots are filled, then you are done" system. Once a team has filled their 15 keeper spots, they have completed the MILB draft. Teams can create extra spots in preparation for the MILB draft by dropping keepers, but must do so at least 48 hours before the MILB draft begins, so the players can be added to owners' draft lists with enough advance notice. This also means that in order for teams to use a pick in a round - they MUST have an open spot on their team, counting all 15 draft picks originally assigned to that team. This means if you want to use your 4th round pick either by taking a player, or by making a trade, you can ONLY have 11 keepers going into the draft. Teams can't use or trade draft picks if a keeper is using that spot.

Allows for everyone to cut the dead weight they may not want...
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

MiLB Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: MiLB Draft   MiLB Draft Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 12:58 am

I like this.
Back to top Go down

MiLB Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: MiLB Draft   MiLB Draft Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 10:19 pm

I'm good with it too.
Back to top Go down
Knuckleball
Commissioner
Knuckleball

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2008-12-15

MiLB Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: MiLB Draft   MiLB Draft Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 2:17 pm

If we are discussing this type of option, I would suggest a "cut as you go" approach.

For example, if you have 19 milbers and 3 draft picks, you won't have to cut two milbers until you make your selection, since you may not want to cut a guy if that third round pick isn't going to nab you the player you thought.

Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

MiLB Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: MiLB Draft   MiLB Draft Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 6:34 pm

Knuckleball wrote:
If we are discussing this type of option, I would suggest a "cut as you go" approach.

For example, if you have 19 milbers and 3 draft picks, you won't have to cut two milbers until you make your selection, since you may not want to cut a guy if that third round pick isn't going to nab you the player you thought.

I disagree, I think you have to make cuts say 48 hours prior to draft (48 hours so everyone has latest up to date info from wherever they get their draft info). Yes, there will be some tough decisions but I think that adds to the draft and also adds to the fact that someone with a real strong MiLB roster might cut his 18th, 19th, and 20th guys so he can use his 3 picks but another owner with a weak MiLB roster might consider that 18th guy as someone he'd use a 2nd Rd. Pick on. Yes, it'd create tough decisions for some but why is that such a bad thing?
Back to top Go down
Knuckleball
Commissioner
Knuckleball

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2008-12-15

MiLB Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: MiLB Draft   MiLB Draft Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 2:39 pm

Which problem are you trying to fix, the amount of players that a team is holding or the number of players they are holding and could potentially be traded away allowing said manager to come into compliance without loss of value.

If it is the second, we could just not allowing trading from the beginning of the draft until a team comes into compliance, whether that be the day after the draft or beginning of the waiver cut cut period or beginning of the season.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

MiLB Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: MiLB Draft   MiLB Draft Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:14 am

So, we're trying to circumvent the bidding system? Do not like.
Back to top Go down

MiLB Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: MiLB Draft   MiLB Draft Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 5:09 pm

jamcam13 wrote:
So, we're trying to circumvent the bidding system? Do not like.

thats a good point.. i guess if someone has a really bad milb roster, they can cut say 10-15 prospects.. then draft 10-15 new ones that we would've been bidding on... but on the flipside, if they used bad judgement, they might cut someone good that could be bidded on.. its ok i guess, definitely opens a new can of worms
Back to top Go down
huztler

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2008-01-28

MiLB Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: MiLB Draft   MiLB Draft Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 11:52 pm

I don't see any benefit to this proposed rule change. It would harm the bidding system while just adding an unnecessary layer of complexity to the draft. I don't think it would result in any useful players becoming draft eligible. I just don't really understand the rule no matter how many times I read it... What effect is it supposed to have?
Back to top Go down
smk1363

smk1363

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2008-01-02

MiLB Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: MiLB Draft   MiLB Draft Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 9:51 pm

Agree with the last two...don't like this - it makes the bidding less valuable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MiLB Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: MiLB Draft   MiLB Draft Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MiLB Draft
Page 1 of 1