Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ronald Torreyes, INF, CIN

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Knuckleball
Commissioner
Knuckleball

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Ronald Torreyes, INF, CIN Empty
PostSubject: Ronald Torreyes, INF, CIN   Ronald Torreyes, INF, CIN Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:36 am

$1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ronald Torreyes, INF, CIN   Ronald Torreyes, INF, CIN Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 5:01 am

$2
Back to top Go down
Knuckleball
Commissioner
Knuckleball

PostSubject: Re: Ronald Torreyes, INF, CIN   Ronald Torreyes, INF, CIN Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:35 am

$3
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Ronald Torreyes, INF, CIN   Ronald Torreyes, INF, CIN Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:49 pm

MILB Bidding should be closed for the year. Unless we are doing things differently, MiLB bidding has always closed with the end of the regular season.
Back to top Go down
Knuckleball
Commissioner
Knuckleball

PostSubject: Re: Ronald Torreyes, INF, CIN   Ronald Torreyes, INF, CIN Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 4:05 pm

I am looking into your comment, but so far I have not found a written statement that milb bidding ends with fantasy regular season. I do remember two years ago Gonzo saying bidding would close on such date for that year, but I do not believe that was written into the rules.
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Ronald Torreyes, INF, CIN   Ronald Torreyes, INF, CIN Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 5:49 pm

I don't think it's in the rules, but I just believed it's always how it's been played. End of the regular season meant end of MiLB bidding.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ronald Torreyes, INF, CIN   Ronald Torreyes, INF, CIN Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 1:51 am

$5
Back to top Go down
Knuckleball
Commissioner
Knuckleball

PostSubject: Re: Ronald Torreyes, INF, CIN   Ronald Torreyes, INF, CIN Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 2:34 am

$6
Back to top Go down
Knuckleball
Commissioner
Knuckleball

PostSubject: Re: Ronald Torreyes, INF, CIN   Ronald Torreyes, INF, CIN Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 3:09 am

bryanmurphy9 wrote:
I don't think it's in the rules, but I just believed it's always how it's been played. End of the regular season meant end of MiLB bidding.

Well I looked through the various locations and could not find a date set in stone, though going back to 2008 and 2009 I did find quite a few colorful posts from Gonzo about the terrible time he had dealing with bidding and how he opened and closed it at random.

However, since it was/is not set in stone and the original intent for this year was to let it run until the official off-season (which starts in October and when no player movement would occur), I see no problem in letting it continue. I also do not view it as a dis-benefit to any team since minor league slots could be filled through the addition of current minor leaguers that have played one MLB game, the "Devine" rule.

If we would like to implement a set end date for milb bidding to occur a few days after September 1 to allow for callups, it can be proposed this off-season and we can vote on it with the other rules that need revising.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ronald Torreyes, INF, CIN   Ronald Torreyes, INF, CIN Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 3:41 am

so as it stands now, theres no official date? does that mean we can bid on players straight into next year? i remember last year there was a cut-off day at some point. i agree, there needs to be an OFFICIAL date. there was never a clear cut answer on this
Back to top Go down
Knuckleball
Commissioner
Knuckleball

PostSubject: Re: Ronald Torreyes, INF, CIN   Ronald Torreyes, INF, CIN Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 11:29 am

No, you can bid on players until ~October when the mlb regular season and complete mlb fantasy seasons are over. I thought that was mentioned in my 2nd paragraph.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ronald Torreyes, INF, CIN   Ronald Torreyes, INF, CIN Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ronald Torreyes, INF, CIN
Page 1 of 1