Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Major League Roster Cut-Date

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Major League Roster Cut-Date  Empty
PostSubject: Major League Roster Cut-Date    Major League Roster Cut-Date  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 12:42 pm

I will say, it'd make sense for there to be another poll after this one if any two dates stand out. Maybe it won't matter in the end as only 7 have voted but maybe it will. Right now March has 3 votes but December through February has 4. It's tough to say if some of those would have voted for March or voted for another earlier date. I think it'd be smart to consolidate the poll after this to say the two highest, then see if anyone changes their votes that voted for another one. Could have an impact, could not, but I think it makes sense.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Major League Roster Cut-Date    Major League Roster Cut-Date  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 12:35 pm

Ok. So what's the date for this year?

And is the Mi date the same date, or are we giving a little more time to see what movement there is with that regard?

Just someone please pick a date, state it and let's go.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

PostSubject: Re: Major League Roster Cut-Date    Major League Roster Cut-Date  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 12:38 pm

The other thing we need to do is for everyone to go through their rosters and check eligibility. Last year we were a week or 2 into the season before some players got their old eligibility changed. The issue is that if you left someone in a position they are no longer eligible for, CBS does not move them. Once you do move them, it is fixed for good.

For example - I have Joba Chamberlin who is now only RP eligible. If you look at his player page it says that. But, if you look at my line-up right now, next to his name it says (SP, RP). That is because last year he was eligible at SP, and I left him there. Once I move him the SP will be gone. If you did not leave a player as such, CBS would have already removed it.

I'd hate to have someone designated to check this. We should all really do it on our own.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Major League Roster Cut-Date    Major League Roster Cut-Date  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 12:09 pm

jamcam13 wrote:
The other thing we need to do is for everyone to go through their rosters and check eligibility. Last year we were a week or 2 into the season before some players got their old eligibility changed. The issue is that if you left someone in a position they are no longer eligible for, CBS does not move them. Once you do move them, it is fixed for good.

For example - I have Joba Chamberlin who is now only RP eligible. If you look at his player page it says that. But, if you look at my line-up right now, next to his name it says (SP, RP). That is because last year he was eligible at SP, and I left him there. Once I move him the SP will be gone. If you did not leave a player as such, CBS would have already removed it.

I'd hate to have someone designated to check this. We should all really do it on our own.

I may have an easy solution for everyone. If we all just adjust our CBS roster pages, so that we move everyone out of the starting lineup to the bench, it should reset their eligibility and we can adjust our lineups with the updated eligibility. Everyone can do their own prior to the start of the season.
Back to top Go down
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

PostSubject: Re: Major League Roster Cut-Date    Major League Roster Cut-Date  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 12:57 pm

I don't think that will work. Joba's already on my bench as a SP, so the SP still shows up in eligibility (I've left him as an example. I already changed Marshall who had a similar issue).

So, as long as the player is in a postion, you can move him anywhere you want (Active, Reserve, Minors) in that positions. It only gets lost when you actually move them from that position.

It is a glitsch that really needs to be fixed by CBS. It's a little thing, and I'm sure they leave it that way to err on the side of letting leagues make their own rules (e.g. once drafted in a postion, they get to stay there. Makes no sense to me, but whatever. I 'm sure it's more of an oversight and priority fix issue than anything else).
Back to top Go down
Knuckleball
Commissioner
Knuckleball

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Major League Roster Cut-Date    Major League Roster Cut-Date  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 4:28 pm

For the most part I have no problem running through to do the check...though with one player I have already run across..he should have dual eligibility but does not. In this case, should the owner be punished for 5 games until the position eligibility kicks in if the player is going to start the season at the position he does not have eligibility?
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Major League Roster Cut-Date    Major League Roster Cut-Date  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 12:13 am

I thought all rosters had to be legal by March 15th, can't be over 25 MLB or 20 MiLB, correct? I'll put up a post tomorrow of the teams that currently need to get under those by the 15th (if that's the correct date). Then the commishes or one of us mods can mark off the teams from the list as they get their rosters legal between now and the cut-date.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Major League Roster Cut-Date    Major League Roster Cut-Date  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Major League Roster Cut-Date
Page 1 of 1