Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

League Structure

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Knuckleball
Commissioner
Knuckleball

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2008-12-15

League Structure Empty
PostSubject: League Structure   League Structure Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 1:29 pm

First, if managers, new or old truly have a problem finding something on forum, then send a message to either me, Al or Kevin and it can be addressed, we are not mindreaders and cannot address your issues if they are not voiced. If they were voiced and have not been addressed, give us a reminder, sometimes things can get lost in the shuffle.

Second, league activity and voting, while I do expect managers to be active and participate, I am not going to force each and every one of them to do something. Some issues managers are just indifferent towards and therefore I could put up another option of abstaining "i don't care" and I am sure a few people would choose that rather then swinging the vote one way or another for the people that do care.

Third, when half the owners want to transition into football come September, trying to find an offseason schedule that works is difficult and just because something is put on a calendar doesn't necessarily mean people will partake in it if they are not to worried what the outcomes would actually be. I am not saying the calendar is a bad idea, I have put it in our revised rules, but still only so much can be done.

People need to remember that Rome was not built over time, three years worth of habits doing things in a relaxed manner cannot be snapped into a refined structure just like that.

So, in summary, if there is a problem, let me know, I will not bite your head off...but if you wait a month or two and then complain about something that happened in the past it can make life 10 times more difficult to fix.

Have a great day. And after I put up the league poll for the payout schedule and only stat change of SB to SB-CS which people seem to like as compared to my other suggestions, I have nothing left to offer on the year.
Back to top Go down
ThunderBalls

ThunderBalls

Number of posts : 736
Registration date : 2007-12-23

League Structure Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Structure   League Structure Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 2:05 pm

>>>>>And after I put up the league poll for the payout schedule and only stat change of SB to SB-CS which people seem to like as compared to my other suggestions, I have nothing left to offer on the year.<<<<<<

Who likes this? Ive seen two or three people comment?

YOU DONT CHANGE SCORING RULES WHEN LEAGUE ACTIVITY IS ONGOING.

I made a bunch of moves to get more speed this offseason without worrying about CS percentage - if it was something to have considered it would have changed the value of some of the guys I dealt for - BAD.

If you are going to vote on that, then I propose to remove the SS and 2B positions from the league and change it to MI X2

Last edited by ThunderBalls on Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

League Structure Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Structure   League Structure Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 2:28 pm

I agree with Thunder, this whole voting process has been a bit of a mess since it started. The way it's been posted at the forums, the neglect of some owners to even vote, the confusion of what were voting on and then being re-done after some have already been voted on. I am fine with the outcome of the voting so far, so don't take this as "he's just pissed cause his proposal didn't win"... I've said all along, whatever the league decides as a whole, I'm fine with. I do have an issue with these extra polls being added after the fact for seemingly complex categories. We've all had plenty of time to voice our opinions on amendments since what, November? We had our polls on what most of the league thought was relevant amendments. Our polls are beginning to finish up, why don't we just save extra amendment talk till next year? With more time to look into it, I might even be for changing SB to SB-CS but not this year when it's been brought up seemingly after the fact. Lets finish the polls we've started, implement those changes, continue to work towards the organization of our league, and discuss possible amendments that we can fine tune to put into a vote for next year!

Also, to reply to Knuckleball.. I've told you several times that I'd be more than happy to be a forum moderator and help clean up the forums and work toward a better organized league. Obviously I'd still report to the commishes with any changes. I have time & would like to help.
Back to top Go down

League Structure Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Structure   League Structure Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 3:11 pm

I don't even know where the voting is....
Back to top Go down
Knuckleball
Commissioner
Knuckleball

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2008-12-15

League Structure Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Structure   League Structure Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 3:30 pm

ThunderBalls wrote:
Have a great day. And after I put up the league poll for the payout schedule and only stat change of SB to SB-CS which people seem to like as compared to my other suggestions, I have nothing left to offer on the year.

Who likes this? Ive seen two or three people comment?

YOU DONT CHANGE SCORING RULES WHEN LEAGUE ACTIVITY IS ONGOING.

I made a bunch of moves to get more speed this offseason without worrying about CS percentage - if it was something to have considered it would have changed the value of some of the guys I dealt for - BAD.

If you are going to vote on that, then I propose to remove the SS and 2B positions from the league and change it to MI X2

Okay, that is acceptable, but when there are no major decries against something then what am I to assume? Obviously now people have come out and made it known that the Stat changes are unacceptable at this time and would require at the very least a min of 1-2 year change over period which is perfectly acceptable to me, but make that statement. Communication is key, like I mentioned, I am not a mind reader.

I still would like to hold a poll on payout schedule if that is acceptable? I doubt it would affect anyone's off season moves they have made but would be beneficial to the entire league to emphasize more competition. Since obviously not everyone can win the league championship if they are not in a position to do so but there are other goals that are within reach.
Back to top Go down

League Structure Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Structure   League Structure Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 12:55 am

1. Yeah, we can't really force people to vote, if they vote, they vote. We tell them to vote, and hopefully they do.

2. We can vote on an offseason schedule, the problem is the timing. It's either too early or too late. Because once football is over, people transition to basketball. But we can vote on it.

3. I don't think cats should be changed, because it affects too many teams. I don't worry about CS either, or else I would value players differently. I think it has too much of a negative effect on too many teams to be considered. If we are changing cats, it should be additional cats (such as EXB and QS maybe, or something) instead of changing existing cats. Atleast with an addition of cats, people aren't as negatively impacted IMO. But that's a deal that we are not changing this year, all the teams have pretty much formed, so it's too drastic a change for now. It would take atleast one year to implement, giving everyone ample time to adjust their values to it. But again, would need to vote for it. I personally am against altering cats, and if there should be a change, my opinion is to add a cat rather than alter one.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

League Structure Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Structure   League Structure Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

League Structure
Page 1 of 1