Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Calling out Deputy Dipshit

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Calling out Deputy Dipshit Empty
PostSubject: Calling out Deputy Dipshit   Calling out Deputy Dipshit Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 3:45 pm

Bryan,

I "offered" you Chapman for Longoria not because I think Chapman is worth Evan Longoria, but because I have no interest in trading with you - ever. I told you earlier this week. I even mentioned it on the 'comment' section of the trade saying "I thought I made myself clear earlier this week." Apparently you are so busy researching those minor league stats, hours and hours and hours of cumbersome research that none of us here have any clue about, that you must have skipped out on reading comprehension. So before you you send a long winded, unnecessary lecture on the value of players, please try to go back to high school sophomore year and work on reading comprehension. Also, there's no such word as 'rediciulous'. It's ridiculous. And it's ridiculous that in all those hours of minor league research you wouldn't have found a rotoworld, BA or BP blurb saying, "Man, this guy has ridiculous numbers."

Also, if YOU'RE going to insult me in a long diatribe, please know the difference between your and you're. It's pretty basic.
Example: you're a fucking moron, Bryan. Correct usage.
Example: Why did you ask me for Alex Gordon if you're so certain he sucks? Correct usage.
Example: I don't care who you have on your team, I still know more about baseball than you. Correct usage.
Example: I haven't tried that hard in this league the past two years and it's cost my team. I don't care about your bitch ass team or your dumb, shit ass trade offers. Correct usage.

So please, take this open letter and remember that I never want to trade with you again. I've said it countless times via offer, via PM and email but you simply don't get it. Please refer to this post before you express interest or offer me another trade for any of my players.

Thanks!

JP
Back to top Go down
bryanmurphy9

bryanmurphy9

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Calling out Deputy Dipshit   Calling out Deputy Dipshit Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 4:28 pm

191 Wins and 334 Losses for a Winning Percentage of .368%

You've never made it out of last place in your division, but yet you know more about baseball than me?!

Evidently you just like throwing money away, because thats what you're doing in this league.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Calling out Deputy Dipshit   Calling out Deputy Dipshit Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 6:01 pm

bryanmurphy9 wrote:

You've never made it out of last place in your division, but yet you know more about baseball than me?!

Evidently you just like throwing money away, because thats what you're doing in this league.

This is "fantasy" baseball. A GM’s performance in "fantasy" baseball is not true a reflection of one’s knowledge of baseball in real life. To state the obvious, the difference is vast. It’s like saying just b/c you can slay a dragon in Dungeons & Dragons, you know all about slaying dragons in real life. Rolling Eyes

P.S.
$65 is a small price to play for 12 months of entertainment. I usually spend more on one evening of dinner & a movie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Calling out Deputy Dipshit   Calling out Deputy Dipshit Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 6:58 pm

bryanmurphy9 wrote:

I guess we've missed reading comprehension class again.

Achtung Baby wrote:

Example: I don't care who you have on your team, I still know more about baseball than you. Correct usage.
Example: I haven't tried that hard in this league the past two years and it's cost my team. I don't care about your bitch ass team or your dumb, shit ass trade offers. Correct usage.

I haven't spent much time on this league, but I enjoy it nonetheless and plan on putting more time into it this year. Obviously I haven't won much yet, thanks for the old news update. I spend most of my time on my sim teams, with 50 man and 225 man rosters. But yes, since I have sucked in a fantasy league for two years means I know nothing about baseball. Because I don't spend painstaking amounts of hours reading minor league statistics- which by the way, don't tell you shit about half the minor leaguers anyway but that's another story- and try to hump peoples legs for trades doesn't mean you know more than me about baseball. I guess somebody who thrives on offering trades to people, offering three C grade parts for an A grade part, or two D- players for a C+ player with potential, is somebody who is REALLY baseball savvy. I really wish I could be as smart as you. And read all those minor league stats just to have people increase bids on players that I discovered. You are living the life dude.

As was previously mentioned, it's a fantasy baseball league. If this is your gauge for baseball knowledge then I really feel bad for you living in a fake world, and taking one league for sample size in your fake world nonetheless.

And seriously, $65? That's breaking your bank? I'm the same age as you and $65 is nothing. Throwing money away? Hardly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Calling out Deputy Dipshit   Calling out Deputy Dipshit Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 6:33 am

Achtung Baby wrote:

As was previously mentioned, it's a fantasy baseball league. If this is your gauge for baseball knowledge . . .

I'd just like to add that I have bested & beaten actual sports writers. And I mean actual published sports writers associated w/ respected publications & legitimate websites, not pathetic bloggers. Does that mean that I know more about sports than those writers? Does that mean I can quit my profession & go write about sports too? No.

Second, anyone who knows about reality sports & knows about fantasy sports also knows the head-to-head format is a joke, esp. for baseball. The series of tiny sample sizes are the exact opposite way to think about baseball. While the H2H format is fun, using it as a measuring stick beyond measuring fun would be entirely inappropriate. Anyone who knows about reality sports & knows about fantasy sports would laugh.
Back to top Go down
smk1363

smk1363

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2008-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Calling out Deputy Dipshit   Calling out Deputy Dipshit Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 11:20 am

Also, Bryan until you sack up, stop sending me these stupid offers dude. Matusz, Stanton, Buchholz, Carter, Mejia, and Cahill for a bag of peanuts isn't really doing it for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Calling out Deputy Dipshit   Calling out Deputy Dipshit Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:30 pm

Only a matter of time until CY Kawakami is all mine!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Calling out Deputy Dipshit   Calling out Deputy Dipshit Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 7:37 pm

i have you all beat

Last edited by jake on Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aaronfoster13

aaronfoster13

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Calling out Deputy Dipshit   Calling out Deputy Dipshit Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 7:55 pm

LOL, 7 sacks a shit for Fielder....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Calling out Deputy Dipshit   Calling out Deputy Dipshit Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 9:15 am

Put it thru!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Calling out Deputy Dipshit   Calling out Deputy Dipshit Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 5:58 pm

LOL @ thread name. Haven't heard that on yet.
Back to top Go down
Knuckleball
Commissioner
Knuckleball

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Calling out Deputy Dipshit   Calling out Deputy Dipshit Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 2:10 am

Since I have been busy with getting my team to fall under compliance I haven't had a chance to comment on this post, but I thought this may be a relevant quote to the overall situation.

We're dicks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks. And the Film Actors Guild are pussies. And Kim Jong Il is an asshole. Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes: assholes that just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they fuck too much or fuck when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us fuck this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit! (Team America: World Police, 2004)

Now if anyone needs assistance on who is who in the situation, please ask, I will be more than happy to answer. And although I feel it is more than apparent to all the managers in the league, some would say otherwise given the lack of time and effort some managers may put into the league respectively.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Calling out Deputy Dipshit   Calling out Deputy Dipshit Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 12:37 pm

Knuckleball wrote:
(Team America: World Police, 2004)

Matttt . . . Damon . . . !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calling out Deputy Dipshit   Calling out Deputy Dipshit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Calling out Deputy Dipshit
Page 1 of 1