Extra Base Hit Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Base Hit Dynasty

Since 2008

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joba and Bard

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jamcam13
Commissioner
jamcam13

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Joba and Bard Empty
PostSubject: Joba and Bard   Joba and Bard Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 8:53 am

I have received numerous inquiries from several sources regardnig the availability of these 2. I have responded to most directly, but I have lost track of who, what, when and where, so I figured I'd post here to make sure everyone is hearing the same thing from me.

This is my view on these 2 -

Current
Top holds guys for winning teams (at least in theory for the Red Sox) who rack up lots of K's (probably as many as a lot of starters without the ratio drag). Holds and K's are categories, so these 2 give a leg up there while helping in ERA and Whip. So, yes, I view them as 4 category players. Additionally, Joba can be slotted as a SP, so when I don't have 3 starters going in a week, I can have an extra RP to fill those said 4 categories. That is valuable.

Future
Both have closer written all over them (so, still 4 cats, but now Saves). Bard perhaps next season. Joba perhaps 2014 or whenever the immortal Mo decides it's time to stop being the greatest closer of all time and is done convincing people that he should be entered into the greatest PITCHER/PLAYER of all time discussion. And if not, there's always starter potential depending on where that falls for the Yankees as Pettitte retires.

Bottom line - at least in my eyes, they are both very valuable in our league both now and in the future with very little downside potential. Not top pitcher or batter status, but how many players fill 4 categories every week?

So, I don't expect your top line starters or even 2nd tier batters. But, (and maybe I'm overvaluing them here), to me they are each worthy of 1st tier prospect, 2nd tier SPs or 3rd tier batters. If you can't improve my team somewhere, it's not worth it to me (i.e. I don't need a 3rd tier 2B or prospect, I already have one of the best relatively young ones). Feel free to tell me I'm foolish in my assessment. I've been known to be wrong before.
Back to top Go down

Joba and Bard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joba and Bard   Joba and Bard Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 8:43 pm

jamcam13 wrote:
I have received numerous inquiries from several sources regardnig the availability of these 2. I have responded to most directly, but I have lost track of who, what, when and where, so I figured I'd post here to make sure everyone is hearing the same thing from me.

This is my view on these 2 -

Current
Top holds guys for winning teams (at least in theory for the Red Sox) who rack up lots of K's (probably as many as a lot of starters without the ratio drag). Holds and K's are categories, so these 2 give a leg up there while helping in ERA and Whip. So, yes, I view them as 4 category players. Additionally, Joba can be slotted as a SP, so when I don't have 3 starters going in a week, I can have an extra RP to fill those said 4 categories. That is valuable.

Future
Both have closer written all over them (so, still 4 cats, but now Saves). Bard perhaps next season. Joba perhaps 2014 or whenever the immortal Mo decides it's time to stop being the greatest closer of all time and is done convincing people that he should be entered into the greatest PITCHER/PLAYER of all time discussion. And if not, there's always starter potential depending on where that falls for the Yankees as Pettitte retires.

Bottom line - at least in my eyes, they are both very valuable in our league both now and in the future with very little downside potential. Not top pitcher or batter status, but how many players fill 4 categories every week?

So, I don't expect your top line starters or even 2nd tier batters. But, (and maybe I'm overvaluing them here), to me they are each worthy of 1st tier prospect, 2nd tier SPs or 3rd tier batters. If you can't improve my team somewhere, it's not worth it to me (i.e. I don't need a 3rd tier 2B or prospect, I already have one of the best relatively young ones). Feel free to tell me I'm foolish in my assessment. I've been known to be wrong before.

I totally agree w/ your assessment. I own Joba in another dynasty league, but I can't see myself ever trading him.
Back to top Go down

Joba and Bard
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Extra Base Hit Dynasty :: Trade Block Archive-
Jump to: